Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the most widely adopted Linux operating system in business and government today. Our courses are instructor-led in a computer lab classroom. We will teach you the most practical and relevant Linux and open source skill sets.
This course relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and is for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. You will learn Linux administration “survival skills” by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for individuals wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and other enterprise-level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II. Both courses are needed in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam.
The course has a 40-hour duration and consists of workbooks, lessons, discussion material, exercises, assessments and class managed tools.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to complete the installation, network connectivity, manage physical storage devices, and handle key security administration tasks.
– Introduction to the command line
– Managing physical storage
– Learning how to install and configure software components and services
– Establishing network connections and firewall access
– Monitoring and managing processes
– Managing and securing files
– Administrating users and groups
– Accessing Linux file systems
– Installing and using virtualized systems
– Reviewing the system log files and journal
Who should attend
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.